Sunday, January 3, 2016 By: Tracy S

Some incentives to stick to clean eating...

Some would say that eating fresh foods and all that is natural is incentive enough...knowing you are not ingesting harmful chemicals and toxins.  But I wanted to add a few things to beef up the incentive for myself.  The main reason being I live practically next door to the grocery store.  When sugar cravings hit it would be WAY too easy to just walk over and indulge in something sweet.  

Here is my first incentive....



What you see here is my wedding ring NOT fitting on my finger.  The good news is it gets past the knuckle.  But then that's it. Dealt with this years ago when I topped the scales around 250-255.  I think my wedding ring has spent more years in the drawer than on my finger.  How sad.  But that is obviously going to change.  When I lost weight 6 years ago my ring actually was a little loose.  So I know that in about 20-25 lbs lost I should be able to squeeze it on and have it fit on the tight side.  

As for my other incentive....well this would be construed as gambling and I in no way endorse gambling at all.  However the bet is against yourself only.  It's called DietBet (www.dietbet.com).  I joined 2 games and as long as I lose 9 lbs within the next month I get my money back and possibly even more depending on how many participants also hit their goal.  By putting $25 down I feel more than compelled to keep eating 100% clean and natural.  

What I ate today:  2 scrambled eggs with salt, 1 grapefruit, salad with organic lettuce, organic cucumbers, and organic italian dressing, roast chicken (organic, free range), steamed organic carrots with butter, and brussel sprouts in butter.  For dessert tonight I will indulge on some organic strawberries!  It doesn't seem like I am eating much but to be honest I actually don't feel very hungry.  I think it may just be my body trying to adjust to no sugar.  Typically I feel hungry most of the time.  
Exercise included a 2 mile walk around the neighborhood.  

Stay tuned for information on how I plan to incorporate grain into our diet without buying any bread products at the store.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment